Thursday, September 5, 2013

Ending My Bladed Swim Jig Virginity

If you stopped by and checked out my tackle collection, you might think there can’t be many baits missing from the stash…

Even though they have been around for several years, there is one type of bait you wouldn’t find in the numerous, drawers, trays, bags and boxes … a bladed swim jig – a.k.a. chatterbait!


Or at least that was the case until a few days ago…

After researching new material about bladed swim jigs for the site, I learned how effective they can be as a big bass bait.

So I decided it was time to add them to the arsenal thereby…

"Ending My Vibrating Jigs Virginity"

Once the decision was made to add this bait in 2013, I had to decide between the different brands of chatter-type baits on the market…

It didn’t take long to note a couple of significant features of the different baits including quality of materials used to manufacture the lure, the size and color patterns available, the quality of the finishes used and of course, the price…

Though there were a few different enticing possibilities, I decided to place an initial order for several bladed swim jigs in the 3/8 oz. & 1/2 size (pictured below) to get my bladed swim jig collection going…


The baits I selected use quality, chemically sharpened Mustad hooks, hand-tied or banded skirts using Living Edge silicone material and a heat treated, hardened powder paint to finish the heads.

Now that the order is in hand, I rigged one of my Daiwa 6′ 6″ L&T M/H action trigger sticks with a Daiwa casting reel loaded with 12 lb. Suffix Siege line and I’m ready to head to the lake…

The success report is forthcoming 🙂

No comments:

Post a Comment