Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Different Topwater Method for Smallmouths

I love catching smallmouths! 

Don’t get me wrong, I’ll never reject a chance at catching any bass but to me there’s nothing like hooking into a smallmouth…

One of my favorite ways to catch smallies... any topwater bait!

Most of the time, I rely on floating minnow baits, prop lures, poppers and even small to medium buzzbaits but… 

I recently came across a video demonstrating another topwater method I really hadn’t considered for any bass… 

Fishing unweighted lizards rigged Texas-style and using a slow retrieve to keep the bait right under the surface… 

Give a look-see yourself…

One thing during the video got me thinking… 

Given the number of short strikes, I wonder what would happen if they stopped the bait when the fish was following… hmmmm 

Gonna have to check this method out the next time the conditions are right!


No comments:

Post a Comment