Monday, February 21, 2022

Fishing Soft Stickbaits for Inactive Bass

When I saw this video it brought an instant smile to my face since it's about fishing the one bait/presentation I use more than any other from ice out to ice in here in the north country... the Texas rigged soft stickbait!

Though bass pro Brandon Cobb discusses using the t-rigged soft stickbait to catch finicky Florida bass, the bait and presentation works anywhere bass are lurking in cover strewn across expansive flats.

Take a few minutes, watch the video and hear what he has to say!

Though I sometimes fish a soft stickbait on a similar casting rod set-up here in the northeast, my typical set-up is a 6.5' medium power, fast action spinning rod with 8 lb line for areas with sparse cover or a medium-heavy rod with 10 lb line with denser cover given the ultra-clear water I normally fish.

Yes it can be a tad nerve racking when you set the hook into a big bass like the one below but most are landed even when using 8 lb test, as long as I remember to re-tie often that is ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment