Thursday, June 9, 2022

Favorite Fishing Quotes & Sayings

Some of my all time favorite quotes and saying 🙂


“A positive attitude and an open mind are true characteristics of all good fishermen” – Kevin VanDam

“To me, a fishing buddy is a more esteemed relationship than a friend.” Alton Jones

“A lot of people think there’s a lot of luck in fishing, and there really isn’t.” – Kevin VanDam

“Fishing adds years to your life, and life to your years.” – Homer Circle

“The two best times to fish is when it’s rainin’ and when it ain’t.” – Patrick F. McManus

“If all politicians fished instead of spoke publicly, we would be at peace with the world.” – Will Rogers

“Most of the world is covered by water. A fisherman’s job is simple: Pick out the best parts.” – Charles Waterman

“If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there’d be a shortage of fishing poles.” – Doug Larson

“Everyone should believe in something; I believe I’ll go fishing.” – Henry David Thoreau

“Carpe Diem” does not mean “fish of the day.” – Author Unknown

“My biggest worry is that my wife (when I’m dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.” – Koos Brandt

When you’ve been fishing for 3 hours & haven’t got anything except poison ivy and sunburn, you’re still better off than the worm. – Unknown

“Fishing is a discipline in the equality of men – for all men are equal before fish.” – Herbert Hoover

“The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.” – A.K. Best

“It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.” – John Steinbeck

“Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.” – Author Unknown

Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley. ~Author Unknown

Fishing is the sport of drowning worms. – Author Unknown

“Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.” – Author Unknown

Gone fishin’, be back at dark-thirty! – Author Unknown

“There’s a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.” – Steven Wright

“Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.” – Henry David Thoreau

“I’ve gone fishing thousands of times in my life, & I have never once felt unlucky or poorly paid for those hours on the water.” – Wm Tapply

“The gods do not deduct from man’s allotted span the hours spent in fishing.”  – Babylonian Proverb

“Creeps and idiots cannot conceal themselves for long on a fishing trip” – John Gierach

“Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend.” – Zenna Schaffer

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it. ~ Irish Blessing

“A bass is a bass no matter where it lives” – ??

“If fishing is interfering with your business, give up your business.” – Alfred W. Miller

“I go fishing not to find myself but to lose myself.” – Joseph Monniger

“Don’t tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don’t tell them where they know the fish.” – Mark Twain

“There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm.” – Patrick F. McManus

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths. ~Author Unknown

“I only make movies to finance my fishing.” – Lee Marvin

“Bass fishermen watch Monday night football, drink beer, drive pickup trucks and prefer noisy women with big breasts.  Trout fishermen watch MacNeil-Lehrer, drink white wine, drive foreign cars with passenger-side air bags and hardly think about women at all.  This last characteristic may have something to do with the fact that trout fishermen spend most of the time immersed up to the thighs in ice-cold water.”  – Author Unknown

Even if not fishing, I just like this one…

“If he’s gonna put his lips on something I created, I’ld rather it be a duck call” – CEO Willie – Duck Dynasty

Those are a few of mine; leave a comment below if you have some you prefer!

No comments:

Post a Comment