Monday, October 10, 2022

Fall Bassin' with Big Bladed Chatterbaits

When it comes to chatterbaits, I have always been a little late joining the party (like it was almost a decade after it hit the market before I fished one!). So I guess it's no surprise it took me almost a year to finally buy a couple of ZMan Big Blade Chatterbaits this past summer.


Since I often use a 3/8 oz for much of my chatterbait fishing, I purchased the smallest size available, the 1/2 oz in green pumpkin candy and black n blue candy; two staple color patterns for all my blade baits as well as jigs. Shortly after receiving the order, I rigged one up to try at one of my favorite bank fishing ponds. 

After a few casts with my new Zman Big Blade Chatterbait I noticed a couple of key features almost instantly: 1) the vibration is much more intense then other chatterbaits I use and 2) though the bait weighs 1/2 oz it rides high in the water column even on a medium speed retrieve. I quickly thought of several conditions where this bait should shine particularly through the spring and early summer.

As I was scanning YouTube today, I came across a cool video from the folks at W2F regarding an application for the big blade I hadn't considered; fishing it around receding vegetation patches in the early to mid fall. 


Take a moment and see how a big blade chatterbait may fit into your fall bassin' article this season:


Looks like I'll be checking out the big blade chatterbait again on my next trip out on the kayak later this week!

Need to add a big blade chatterbait to your tackle box?

Check out the selection Omnia Fishing offers by clicking on the linked text and images above!

No comments:

Post a Comment