Wednesday, November 23, 2022

How Would You Approach This Fishing Situation?

I’m one of those people who not only loves to bass fish but is also thinking about it when I am not…

Anytime I pass a water body or see an image of one, I instantly start to think about the types of bass-holding cover and how I would go about fishing it…

I also like to prompt other land-locked anglers into analyzing potential fishing opportunities by sharing images of different cover situations by posting images of “fishy spots” via my Twitter feed.

Recently I posted the following image of a pad-field, dock and shoreline brush in fairly shallow water ( < 5 feet) with the question…

What would you be throwing?


Several of my Twitter followers decided to chime in and here’s a look at the baits and presentations they suggested…

Ryan @clark300… swimbait on the edges and in thinner veg, Koppers Livetarget frog on the rest.

chance weaver @GHdreamweaver… flip a horny toad or a Spro frog with about 30 pound braid

Belmonte Bassin @BelmonteBassin… I’d flip a rage tail hawg with a slither jig weight and skirt

thomas jordan @bigmumbles52… I would throw a frog with thirty pound braid

Caden August @Caden_16… top water

Alvin Hatley @rebalal98… pic.twitter.com/lqKkz0XbEY (image of soft-body popping frog) & but in a brite pink, yellow, or orange pic.twitter.com/WlEjesOFPA (wacky rigged stick bait)

Mr Cricket @mund… without a doubt a Spro frog…

bryan stuart @BASHEM1… a buzz frog in the edge and Texas rigged plastic or jig in the heavy stuff

Mike @gtrmke… frogs!!!

Mark Easterling @lapbass … Big topwaters into openings and along edges!

Fish Catchmore @Catch_more_fish… KVD hollow body frog, white belly.

Tyler Crawford @NotoriousMTC… Stanley ribbit, spinnerbait, or a rage tail eeliminator

Looks like the most popular bait named was some type of frog with jigs coming in second…

Given the dominance of pads in the image I guess that’s not surprise 🙂

How would I approach the area you ask?

  • Wacky & Texas-rigged weightless stick bait (casting edges, openings and skipping)
  • Chatterbait w/ swimbait trailer (casting edges, openings and pitching)
  • Texas-rigged tube (casting edges, openings and pitching)
  • Buzzbait (casting edges and openings)
  • Shallow running crankbait (casting edges and openings)

Each to their own I guess 🙂

No comments:

Post a Comment