Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Tips for Fishing in the Wind

Like many bass anglers, I used to go out of my way to avoid fishing windy areas especially when floating in "human powered" crafts. 

One of the best decisions I ever made was taking the time and learning how to fish in the wind plus use it to my advantage. Using the right baits and learning how bass position around wind-blown cover has yielded many fantastic days of catching ever since.

There are some key tips that will help maximize success when fishing in the wind as explained by bass guru Kevin VanDam (KVD) in the following video from King of Bass TV...

Just like KVD, spinnerbaits are definitely one of my go to baits when fishing in the wind as are chatterbaits, lipless crankbaits and even blade baits. Proper boat position and bait presentation to wind blown cover is key!

No comments:

Post a Comment