Thursday, June 22, 2023

Can You Fish a Ned Rig Over Submerged Grass Flats?

When it comes to fishing a Ned rig, there's one bottom compostion situation where I only fish a Ned with a weedless, EWG-style Ned jig head; where the bottom is blanketed with submerged grass and a standard Ned jig head will get fouled with grass.

It just so happens however, there is a specific presentation called feathering that you can use with a standard Ned jig works great when fishing a Ned rig over extensive submerged grass beds. Take a few minutes and watch the demo desribed in this video from the folks at Lurenet and see what I mean...

Next time I fishing tough conditions and over submerged grass flats, I'll be breaking out my lightweight Ned heads from Jade's Jigs, pairing it with some Floating Bum Neds from the Crazy Hick Baits and give feathering the Ned a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment