Monday, March 7, 2022

Casting Tips When Bank Fishing

I've often heard anglers comment that they think it's funny seeing boat anglers often cast at the bank while bank fishermen cast out away from it towards the middle.

Though there are times when the bank angler should be casting out from the bank (see below), more often than not casting parallel to the bank will produce not only greater numbers of fish but larger ones as well...

Take a moment and watch as Bassmaster emcee Dave Mercer demonstrates why it's often better to fish parallel to the bank...

As long as the surrounding trees and bushes allow, I usually fan cast at each spot I visit while bank fishing since many of my local fishing spots have a number of submerged weed patches within easy casting distance from the bank. 

Even so many of the bass caught strike after making parallel or near parallel casts during my fan casting process!

No comments:

Post a Comment