Monday, April 11, 2022

Spring Bass Fishing Secrets

Most of us have experienced a very long winter and we’re definitely ready for a little spring bass fishing.


One of my favorite times to hit the water is shortly after ice-out when the water temperatures have risen to about 40 degrees F.

The four baits I usually have rigged on these early spring bass fishing outings include: 

1) a minnow-pattern hair jig, 

2) a lipless crankbait 

3) blade baits & 

4) an inline spinner.

Each of these baits allow me to slowly work my way around transition areas from deep to shallow water with a variety of different retrieves.

This approach let’s me identify the key elements such as proper depth and presentation technique leading to spring fishing success.

Oh … and one of my secrets to working the lipless crankbait; cast the lure from the shallow side on a main lake point into deeper water letting it settle to the bottom on a fairly tight line.  Once the lure makes contact, begin a slow yo-yo retrieve up the point and hold on since this method often yields some of my biggest spring-time bass!

Here are a few more tips for preparing for a successful spring bass fishing trip…



No comments:

Post a Comment