Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Sweeping for Bass?

A few days ago I saw a “Tweet” telling about a new bass fishing technique called the “Sweeping Method“.  Initially I though it would describe a hook-setting method, so I dismissed it since I already posted an article describing sweep hook-setting several months ago.


Today, however, I came across the video on YouTube and after watching the video found that my initial interpretation was wrong!

As a matter of fact, the sweeping technique has absolutely nothing to do with hook-sets; it’s actually a method of presentation …

Modeled after some of the oldest presentation methods known to man, namely jigger-poling and doodling, this fixed line retrieve allows a stealthy bass angler to work in close to shallow cover with complete control of the lure …

Interested in learning more?

Then take a moment and watch this bass fishing tactic video below to see how this kayaking fisherman uses the Sweeping Method to his greatest advantage …


One concern I had watching him work the sweeping method using a buzzbait on such a short line pertains to a high potential for broken rods …

I think using a graphite-fiberglass composite rod (like an Ugly Stik) and baitcasting reel spooled with braided line and a slightly loosened drag should help minimize that issue …

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment